To begin the story at the beginning, read "Part 1: Post 1: Beginning Again," published in January, 2013. To consult a description of the campus, read "Part 1: Post 14: The Greening of Campus," published in March, 2013.

Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Mastery Year 3: Interlude 7

Hi, all, Daniel of 2019, here.

I sometimes struggle with what to write in these interludes because I have no particular news to report, but this time I have the opposite problem--I have news, BIG news, only I'm not going to tell you what it is, not yet. I will tell you eventually, probably in February.

I do have a major housekeeping note; this will be my last interlude as such. It's been planned that way for a while now, but the actual fact of it has crept up on my and I've only just now realized that's what this is. Bittersweet, isn't it?

My story proper ends on Brigit, this coming Brigid, so I won't do a pre-Brigid interlude. But Brigid will not be my last post--I'm going to do an epilogue because I want to tell the story of what happened in our community between my earning my ring and the beginning of this blog, plus there's this news I've been alluding to. Because I was not in constant contact with the school during those years, the journalistic format I've been using won't make sense. Instead, I'll simply take several posts--probably three or four--to tell you what happened. And that will wrap up the blog.

It will not wrap up the entire project. The blog will remain where it is so anyone may read it, in whole or in part, and links will still be posted to social media so new people will find out about the story and come read.

I am also seriously considering reformatting the entire thing as a book, in which case I'll use this blog to help publicize the book once it approaches publication. We'll see.

So, it's been a long, strange trip, and it's not over yet. Thank you for taking it with me.

-best, Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment