To begin the story at the beginning, read "Part 1: Post 1: Beginning Again," published in January, 2013. To consult a description of the campus, read "Part 1: Post 14: The Greening of Campus," published in March, 2013.

Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Mastery Year 3: Part 2: Post 3: Ug

I'm ill. Really quite ill. I haven't been this sick for years, and it's really, seriously, unpleasant. The worst of it is Charlie has the same bug at the same time, so I'm missing an opportunity to sub for him. I'm not sure who he got. Probably Raven--though it might actually be June. Come to think of it, I haven't seen her since this morning. Where is she?

Ug. I don't want to be awake and I can't sleep. When I get up I get dizzy and nauseated. I think I have a fever, but nobody around here has anything as mundane as a thermometer. There's all sorts of things I should be doing--Steve and I were supposed to go walking today, I have tutoring appointments in the afternoon--I can't even read or I get sea-sick.

I'm pretty sure I have a sinus infection.

So, I'm lying here in my boxer shorts on top of the covers, sitting up sometimes to drink the tea someone brought me (cedar, licorice, and ginger, with honey, supposedly medicinal) and then flopping back down. The balcony door is open. The day outside is warm. The breeze from outside washes over me. It feels nice.

The Mansion is silent, except that sometimes someone speaks in the distance or Sean cries. He's sick, too, poor boy. I can hear frogs and birds singing outside.

I must go back to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment