To begin the story at the beginning, read "Part 1: Post 1: Beginning Again," published in January, 2013. To consult a description of the campus, read "Part 1: Post 14: The Greening of Campus," published in March, 2013.

Friday, June 14, 2019

Mastery Year 3: Interlude 3


Hi, all, this is Daniel-2019. It's interlude time again.

Which really surprised me. I mean, it was just Beltane, and now it's almost Litha. Part of it is the weather has been cool, so it doesn't really feel like June, and part of it was that friends of ours had an issue I don't really want to get into that sucked up a lot of my time and energy for a bit. But the long and the short of it is I got discombobulated and any plan I had for narrative structure seems to have flown away.

Life complicates art, I suppose.

Father's Day is coming up. I'm looking forward to it. We don't have any plans, but I rather hope that means there's going to be a surprise for me. I don't know that there is, it's not like we have a tradition of Father's Day surprises, and it's possible June is just as discombobulated as I've been and doesn't remember Father's Day is coming up, but in the mean-time I'll live happy in the knowledge that there is a surprise in store for me--and, one way or another, I'll be right.

Camp is starting soon. The children's camp associated with the school? It survived and is still around, on the old campus, no less. It always was legally distinct from the school, so when the school closed, the camp spun off, as did the open-to-the-public classes that Joy and Karen taught, and a couple of other things. So, as I do every year, I'll add teaching a few workshops to the campers to my roster of things to do...I don't seem to have developed a career so much as developed several of them. This year, Carly is old enough to attend. It's a curious thing, growing older.

-best, -D.

No comments:

Post a Comment